Returning to Basics: Critique and CrisisThursday, January 5, 2017, 6:00pm
Please join us for a round table discussion on the critique of political economy in light of contemporary economic, social, and political crises. We’ll be using Postone’s re-reading of Marx as a point of departure for this discussion and will examine recent crisis-ridden developments in light of that critique.
- Ann E. Davis, Associate Professor of Economics, Marist College
- Don Goldstein, Emeritus Professor of Economics, Allegheny College
- Robert Meister, Professor of Social and Political Thought, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Kaushik Sunder Rajan, Associate Professor of Anthropology, University of Chicago
- Moishe Postone, Professor of Modern History, University of Chicago
- William H. Sewell, Jr., Professor Emeritus of History and Political Science, University of Chicago
Moishe Postone, Time, Labor, and Social Domination: A Reinterpretation of Marx’s Critical Theory (Cambridge University Press, 1995)
This event is co-sponsored by the Social Theory Workshop.